Applications now open
Flexible (Part Time, up to 20 hrs/week, remote working options)
MediStays provides a comprehensive, Australia-wide booking service for patients, carers and families seeking accommodation for health and medical travel. While some guests are travelling for medical appointments or specialist care, others have been discharged from hospital and require interim accommodation to support new or lifelong disabilities. Some guests are self-referred and book independently on our platform. Others are referred by hospitals, government, or health organisations. The common thread for guests referred to our service is their gratitude for the positive impact MediStays makes on their medical journey. This is an opportunity to work for a values driven organisation making a positive social impact.
As a MediStays Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for performing accounting tasks required for the day-to-day operations of our company. Your energetic contribution to MediStays operations will make a positive difference to medical travellers, our accommodation suppliers and referring organisations. You will embrace the opportunity to work in a self-directed, lean and rapidly evolving environment. As a team, we will encourage your contributions to constantly improve MediStays workflows and frameworks to deliver impact. Whilst we are hard-working and focused, we are rewarded by the work we do and humbled by the positive difference we make.
- Account reconciliation including general ledger and end of month accounts.
- Accounts payable for MediStays suppliers, bank reconciliations and cash flow management.
- Accounts receivable for MediStays referrers, including Government Departments of Health, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), hospitals and charitable organisations.
- Reconciliation, preparation and lodgement of monthly and quarterly statements including BAS.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Liaise with MediStays accountant.
Qualities and qualifications
- Experience in bookkeeping and account management within the accommodation and/or health sector highly sought after.
- Strong level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable for workload
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a national, remote team
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Computer software skills, including Xero & Microsoft Office and willingness to learn new internal systems.
- Bachelor of Business Degree / Diploma in Accounting or a related field
Our team is in Melbourne, with most working 1 to 3 days a week from our office. The right candidate could perform this role from anywhere, and we will consider applicants outside of Victoria.
For a confidential discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Submit your expression of interest here, applications close 5pm AEST 19th November 2021: