Submit your application for our next intake
Full Time Roles available: 38 hrs/week across 5 days per week
Hybrid working environment: Work from home (3 days per week) and our East Melbourne VIC office (2 days/week).
Entry-Level role: refer to Victorian Allied Health Assistant G3 for entry salary range (~ $71 – 73k p.a. incl superannuation.)
MediStays provides a comprehensive, Australia-wide booking service for patients, carers and families seeking accommodation for health, disability and medical travel. While some guests are travelling for medical appointments or specialist care, others have been discharged from hospital and require interim accommodation to support new or lifelong disabilities.
The common thread for guests referred to our service is their gratitude for the positive impact MediStays makes on their medical journey. This is your opportunity to work for a values driven organisation making a positive social impact.
Our team have deep insights into the accommodation needs of our community, including those with serious medical illnesses, new and lifelong disabilities. Every day we are driven by our values; to be caring, innovative, credible, and informative.
As a Care Navigator, you will play an integral role assisting our community of guests and referrers to book accommodation and ancillary services. You will thrive in an environment where you can make a positive difference to medical travellers and their networks by managing accommodation bookings and associated services.
Your energetic and passionate contribution to MediStays will make a positive difference to our team and company. You will embrace the opportunity to work alongside our Specialist Care Navigators in a self-directed, lean and rapidly evolving environment. As a Care Navigator, your contributions will improve MediStays workflows and frameworks to deliver impact. While we are extremely hard-working and focused, we are constantly rewarded by the work we do and humbled by the positive difference we make.
1) Accommodation and Ancillary Services: Our core focus at MediStays is to support people on a health or medical journey. This includes triaging and managing enquiries to suitable accommodation & ancillary suppliers for patient, carer and family bookings.
- Ability to prioritise workload and function semi-autonomously with ongoing support of our team
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail when preparing quotations, service agreements and chargebacks.
- Respond to telephone and online enquiries in a professional manner and assist guests with making, amending, and cancelling reservations.
- Assist and advise customers with suitable options who may be choosing from a variety of travel options across the MediStays network.
- Follow-up on enquiries to support guests and booking conversions.
- Utilise internal digital platforms for booking, amending & cancelling accommodation services.
- Liaise with accommodation suppliers to confirm booking conditions (e.g. accessible and long stay accommodation) to ensure a seamless experience for guests and property staff.
- Liaise with current guests and referrers to confirm booking extensions.
2) Customer Service: At MediStays, we are committed to the provision of outstanding customer service for all stakeholders, including patients and carers, healthcare referrers and accommodation suppliers.
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including referrers, to achieve optimal outcomes for guests and their support networks.
- Effectively resolve issues and proactively escalate concerns to Specialist and Lead Care Navigator, as required.
- Role model and actively promote a culture of high-quality customer care and experience by ensuring that solutions, practices and procedures are carried out with efficiency and empathy.
- Build courteous and trusted customer relationships.
- Record user feedback (such as compliments and complaints) to identify strengths and weaknesses in internal processes and systems that directly impact user experience.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
3) Teamwork, Communication and Interpersonal Skills: “Soft skills” are highly valued at MediStays to strengthen and optimise our team culture and performance, sustain a great working environment and ultimately benefit our community.
- Exhibit effective communication, including active-listening and open-mindedness qualities, to colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Provide and receive feedback in a supportive manner.
- Work effectively and positively as a member of the MediStays team to achieve shared organisational goals.
- Actively participate in meetings.
- Maintain effective and positive relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
4) Operational and Quality Improvement: MediStays is an agile business, where we constantly focus on optimising operational workflows and efficiencies to support our community.
- Work with our Specialist and Lead Care Navigators to provide feedback on operational processes and opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
Location and Hours
We have several roles available, based in Melbourne VIC, with flexible hybrid options to work from home and our office.
Experience and Qualifications
To achieve excellence in this role, you will bring a positive, can-do attitude and willingness to learn. Industry experience and qualifications in the health, disability, accommodation or tourism sectors are helpful, but not obligatory, as we will invest in you and support you to learn your role over time.
Our Commitment to You
At MediStays, we are passionate about recruiting a values aligned team. As an inclusive organisation, we encourage diversity and the contributions of every team member. We invest in every employee from the moment you join us, from comprehensive onboarding and training through to ongoing support and professional development opportunities and internal promotions. In addition to your remuneration package, we provide you with a laptop computer, additional monitor, phone and headset.
What Our Care Navigators Say
“We work both in and out of the office, and our directors trust us to produce first-rate work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited — but at the same time, I love that my job enables me to have a great work/life balance and enables me to be present for my family when I’m not working.”
“MediStays as a company is always changing, always evolving, and I get a front row seat watching the process of a simple idea grow into a leading, nationwide business. Every day is different, and it is a constant journey.”
For a confidential discussion or to apply for this role, please address your letter of application and curriculum vitae to Melissa Connor, Head of Care Navigation.
Please submit your expression of interest and application here, to be considered for our next intake.